• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have a long list of users whom I want to deactivate on JIRA. How can I find out if they have any activity on JIRA? I can deactivate only those users who have had no activity on JIRA.

I have a long list of users whom I want to deactivate on JIRA. How can I find out if they have any activity on JIRA? I can deactivate only those users who have had no activity on JIRA.

Ankita Sinha September 13, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prakhar Srivastav September 13, 2016

Hi Ankita

You can use below query and run it on your JIRA database. It will let you know if the users logged into JIRA in past 90 days.

SELECT d.directory_name AS "Directory", 
 	u.user_name AS "Username",
 	from_unixtime((cast(attribute_value AS UNSIGNED)/1000),'%m/%d/%Y') AS "Last Login" 
 FROM cwd_user u
 LEFT JOIN (
 	SELECT * 
 	FROM cwd_user_attributes 
 	WHERE attribute_name = 'login.lastLoginMillis'
 	) AS a ON a.user_id = u.id
 JOIN cwd_directory d ON u.directory_id = d.id
 where cast(attribute_value AS UNSIGNED)/1000 BETWEEN UNIX_TIMESTAMP(DATE_SUB(now(),INTERVAL 90 DAY)) AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(now())
 ORDER BY "Last Login" DESC;

You can reverse the condition and find out who have not logged in past 90 days.

Regards

Prakhar

Hi Prakhar, Thanks for your help. Our JIRA instance was recently moved to cloud. earlier it used ldap authentication. Now the issue is that, the new JIRA instance shows "never logged in" for the users who have not logged in to the new instance. so we do not know if a user has actually never logged in or just not logged in to the new instance. will this query help me in that case?

Prakhar Srivastav September 13, 2016

I am not sure about the cloud instance. Though attribute 

login.lastLoginMillis shows the last time user has logged in.

You might need to run few test to confirm that if this attribute's value has not been overridden while mirating your JIRA instance to cloud.

Regards

Prakhar

thank you Prakhar. Really appreciate your help.

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2016

In /admin/users on your Atlassian Cloud instance every user will have "last session" next to their account that you can use to see how recently they have authenticated with your Atlassian Cloud instance.

Suggest an answer