I have a bug that is applicable to multiple stories. But I want to track it individually. How to do it?

Prashanth Sampath December 29, 2016

So I have a bug that is applicable to many stories. The fix needs to be done for each story item separately. If I create just one bug and link it to all the stories it is applicable to, then I cant track it individually on each of the story. In other words, the bug will still be open even though I have fixed it on that story but it is in progress for others. Should I create the same bug under every story? Is there a more efficient way to achieve this? Let me know. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2016

If that's the case i would just clone the bug for each story.  Even though the type of work and steps are the same, if work done to address the bug for one story doesnt translate to another story automatically, then it's no different than two totally different bugs.

Edit: I guess you could track it all as a single bug linked to all the stories with the Acceptance of that bug dependent on it being addressed for all stories and not just one. 

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

Further to the answer from Randy Ho it may be possible to have one ticket for the resolution of the problem and then a series of smaller tickets for the deployment against each user story to deploy and test the fix.

Suggest an answer