I get this error: There was an error parsing the entities.xml file: A pseudo attribute name is expected.

Willy Connor October 27, 2016

When I make a backup on one cloud instance and try to restore it to another cloud instance I get the following error.

There was an error parsing the entities.xml file: A pseudo attribute name is expected.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
Willy Connor October 27, 2016

I fixed the error. During the export the entities.xml file had an illegal unicode character in the CDATA section of the xml. it was x0c which is the form feed unicode character. I opened the entities.xml in notepad++ and replaced it with new line and all was well. 

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2016

If it was a regular server version we could help you out, but as this is cloud it makes more sense talking to support.atlassian.com. They most likely had this issues with more customers than you. Is the export from the same version of cloud as you are trying to restore to, or have JIRA cloud been upgraded since this backup was done?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events