I get a Lucene health check warning, but on clicking thru there are no errors

Andre Heijstek April 9, 2017

When I login to Jira I get a popup stating that the Lucene health check has failed.

When I click on the link in the popup, it shows me that all health checks are OK.

This is quite annoying as this message is shown every day.

5 answers

2 votes
David Willox April 12, 2017

Hi Andre,

I also have these messages pop-up from time to time. Lucene refers to the sync of your JIRA application with the indexing of all issues/work items on the server/DB.  The health check runs automatically every 15 minutes as does the auto indexing of issues, so often the DB/server catches up and the sync issue is automatically resolved but you still get the message pop up as a kind of delayed notification when you log in.

Normally I've found that locking JIRA and re-building the index (quickest) or background re-indexing (keeps JIRA available for use) resolves the issue.

Dave

1 vote
Mike Wyatt December 4, 2017

We are seeing "The last issue update recorded in the database was at (12/4/17 2:31 PM) but the last issue update recorded in the index was at (12/4/17 2:31 PM)."

Note that the two times are identical, so I'm not sure what it's complaining about.

0 votes
Stephen Hodgson January 12, 2018

We also get this error far too often only for the Health Check page to say everything is ok.

Looks like it is tracked here: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ATST-835

0 votes
Valentina Jemeljanenko October 18, 2017

Like from me to this tipoc. I have this issue regular like once per week on JIRA v7.3.6. One of ideas - it appears after any of configuration changes ( user previleges, screen schemes etc.). But still the question - why in detalisation it is ok.

0 votes
Helen Griffiths October 2, 2017

We're also experiencing this in Jira - as well as for the End of Life system health check...yet when you click to 'Find out more' it's all fine. Strange, but annoying!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events