• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I deleted a next gen project but the board for the deleted project is still there

The EMPNG project was deleted but this board still exists and if you click the Sprint field in an item in the backlog you see the EMPGN Sprint for the deleted project. How can I delete this board if the location or the ... is missing for the board?BoardWithNoLocation.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Greg Brown , it looks like this is a bug. There is an open ticket you can vote on here to have this fixed. From the comments of that ticket, it looks like someone was able to use curl to delete the straggling board.

From other comments online it may be that you have only moved the Project into the Trash where it is stored for 60 days before permanently being deleted. If so, you can try purging the project from the trash bin which seems to have done the trick for others.

I used the Jira Search button to find the empng board and when I selected the board it asked me to find a new location for the board. I though this would help but I got the error message below.

moveBoardError.jpg

I don't know how to access the trash. I am the global admin but I don't see a trash item in the settings. I'm using Jira Cloud.

You can use a shortcut, either "gg" or the period button on your keyboard to open up the quicksearch menu. Search for Trash and it should be the first option.

I found the Trash by the  settings gear -> Projects ->Trash and deleted the EMPNG project from the trash. The orphaned EMPNG board is now gone. Thanks!!!

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Greg Brown  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This appears to be a known defect: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17598

To delete this board please ask your site admin to contact Atlassian Support:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

750 views 12 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you