I deleted a next gen project but the board for the deleted project is still there

Greg Brown February 22, 2021

The EMPNG project was deleted but this board still exists and if you click the Sprint field in an item in the backlog you see the EMPGN Sprint for the deleted project. How can I delete this board if the location or the ... is missing for the board?BoardWithNoLocation.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

Hi @Greg Brown , it looks like this is a bug. There is an open ticket you can vote on here to have this fixed. From the comments of that ticket, it looks like someone was able to use curl to delete the straggling board.

From other comments online it may be that you have only moved the Project into the Trash where it is stored for 60 days before permanently being deleted. If so, you can try purging the project from the trash bin which seems to have done the trick for others.

I used the Jira Search button to find the empng board and when I selected the board it asked me to find a new location for the board. I though this would help but I got the error message below.

moveBoardError.jpg

I don't know how to access the trash. I am the global admin but I don't see a trash item in the settings. I'm using Jira Cloud.

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

You can use a shortcut, either "gg" or the period button on your keyboard to open up the quicksearch menu. Search for Trash and it should be the first option.

I found the Trash by the  settings gear -> Projects ->Trash and deleted the EMPNG project from the trash. The orphaned EMPNG board is now gone. Thanks!!!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2021

Hi @Greg Brown  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This appears to be a known defect: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17598

To delete this board please ask your site admin to contact Atlassian Support:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events