• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I'd like to create rules for a workflow transition. I would like to hide some of the transitions based on some conditions. But "hide transition from user" is not helpful as it simply hides the transition without asking or checking any condition.

I'd like to create rules for a workflow transition. I would like to hide some of the transitions based on some conditions. But "hide transition from user" is not helpful as it simply hides the transition without asking or checking any condition.

Saketh Reddy October 12, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2016

There is no need for a "Hide transition from user" (i have never seen this feature btw). If you set a condition on a transition saying "is member of group", you pick a group. If the user is not a member of that group, the button for the transition will not be shown, it's as easy as that.

Saketh Reddy October 12, 2016

I dont want to hide a transition based on user group.
I have some custom fields in different issue types and which are dependent even.
So if the same custom field value appears in one issue type and its status is lets say active, users should not perform the close transition in other issue type which has same custom field 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2016

jira-suite-utilities allows you to put conditions on the transitions based on several criteria including that value of a field. However it looks like you want to look across issues. you'll need a script for that and even then how will you determine which other issue to look at. If ANY issue of type A has the field set to X mean NO issue of type B can perform the transition?

Saketh Reddy October 14, 2016

I want to look at the issues based on project. In a particular project I need to compare issues based on custom field value among different issue types and status. 
May be some script is required I guess  

Suggest an answer