I cannot find the option for "create user"

Chris Barnes May 3, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating Issues and Comments from Email

In looking at configuring the mail handler, I cannot find an option to "create user" anywhere.  Our JIRA system was configured ~6 years ago (and really has not been updated), so finding things in here has been like pulling teeth.

Currently our configuration sends emails from folks not in our Active Directory to the bit bucket (similar to a black hole).  

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Barnes May 5, 2016

Yes, I am logged on with the Admin account.

hitting g+g brings up a search, where I type users and I get a list of all of the users on the system.  But that is not what I am looking for - I am looking for the option to tell JIRA to "create a new user if it receives an email from someone that is not already a user".

That option seems to be hidden.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

Are you a JIRA administrator? User Management

Try using the admin shortcuts to search for User Management section.

Type g+g (i.e. press g twice) and a screen will pop up. Type Users and if you have the correct permissions it should give you a drop down with links to the appropriate section.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

OK, understood.

What version of JIRA are you using?

When you configure a mail handler there are two screens. On the second screen after clicking Next you should see the Create Users option.

Its documented here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-720412438.html

If this is not what you are seeing perhaps you could add some screenshots of what you do see when you configure the mail handler.

Suggest an answer