I cannot find the default gadgets for Jira

vincent.hor January 20, 2019

In my jira server setup, I've a problem finding the default gadgets for Jira.  My company has a firewall policy such that internally hosted websites cannot access the internet without a proxy.  Does this mean I cannot use the gadgets in Jira?  How do I use the Jira gadgets when hosting the server only for internal use?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pascal Offenhäusser (Scandio) January 21, 2019

Hi Vincent,

the gadgets are packed inside Jira, you dont need internet acces to use them.

Do you see any gadgets in the gadget browser on the dashboard? If you see the gadgets with names like __MSG_gadget.xxx, than there is mostly a problem with the firewall or the proxy.

The Jira server has to communicate to itself for working gadgets. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-fix-gadget-titles-showing-as-__msg_gadget-813697086.html

Cheers,

Pascal

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Hello,

When you push the add gadget button, not all gadgets are visible. There is a button called Load all gadgets. Click it.

You can find more info here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Not-all-gadgets-have-loaded/qaq-p/167723

vincent.hor January 21, 2019

I did load all gadgets and get a listing of only 31.  I could not find the Agile Wallboard gadget and many in the list did not show proper names.  Is this a problem with installation or missing a plugin?gadgetlist.jpg

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

You ve got a problem with gadget links. Kindly follow the link, which is provided by Pascal

Suggest an answer