I cannot edit the Post Function so that a Cancelled Status Resolved the JIRA

Tim Fong October 11, 2019

https://cl.ly/9f78291c55a6

I am trying to change the resolution when something is marked cancelled.

But I cannot edit the Post Function.

This screenshot shows me selecting the transition:

https://cl.ly/561641f00774

1 answer

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2019

you should be able to if you click on the post function link (not the edit on top).  What does it tell you when you click on it?

Allow me to say as well that you should try to have 1 single end status for you process and have the option to select the resolution when you  move the ticket to it. For example, everything ends in the "done" status. You have to pick if the resolution is Cancelled, Done, Won't Do or any other. An all status to all status workflow isn't very good for ensuring a proper process and also keep in mind that you will have to add plenty of post functions to clear or change the resolution as you move things from one status to another. For example, you cancelled an issue, and then moved it back to in progress, if you don't clear the resolution, then many of your reports will be wrong, since Jira will consider that the ticket is resolved anyway.

Tim Fong October 11, 2019

I see...so can I define resolutions like "Cancelled" when I have access....looks like only JIRA admins, not project admins, can make the change.

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2019

If you are project admin that would explain why you can't edit Post functions either .

About resolutions, try to keep them as few as possible since those are shared across all the projects

Suggest an answer