I can't delete an attachment from an issue in Jira

Jason Ried May 19, 2016

I am currently unable to delete any attachment on a JIRA issue and would really appreciate some guidance.

I have done some research and can note the following:

• If I look in the default list view I see no attachment listed, but if I click on the issue then the right hand side view opens and there is a section for attachment. This section lists the attachments but has no icon (trash can) to edit/remove and if I hover over the attachment there is nothing either.
  • If I click Edit on the issue then I see the new view but this only shows an attachment section to add more attachments. I can't see already added ones in this view and have no idea how to add this (I am admin).
  • I have checked permissions and the entire team as well as me individually have permission to delete attachments.

I really have nowhere else to look, so any guidance would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2016

Might be an indexing thing. Somebody have deleted the attachment before you.

Jason Ried May 19, 2016

Sadly not - I'm the only person on the board for now, as I'm setting it up.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2016

According to your statement:

I have checked permissions and the entire team as well as me individually have permission to delete attachments.

When did you last reindexed your project?

Jason Ried May 19, 2016

Sorry that was misleading - the permissions has a scheme setup for the wider team which i know is accurate in general. That didn't allow removing attachments, so I added myself manually and that didn't help. I tried to re-index now and that didn't work.

Jason Ried May 19, 2016

Just tried a new permission scheme entirely and it's not that either.

Jim May 27, 2021

I have the exact same problem and I'm the Servicedesk administrator.

I used to revert to old issue view, but that is no longer possible.

It's not the first time you made your product worse, but this is very serious.

A document that for contractual reasons must not remain attached to the issue nor the service or cloud storage must be removed as soon as possible!

Kindly, and please hurry up to fix this!
/Jim

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2016

Can you make sure that you have the Attachments field added to the View Issue screen set on your project?

Jason Ried May 19, 2016

Double checked and it is there. This is the "Attachment" option and there doesn't appear to be any other option related to attachments.

Suggest an answer