I can't change project lead!

Mario Toro June 6, 2016

Hi!

I'm trying to change the project lead of one of all projects that exists but it's impossible, and no error message appear. In all of the other projects no problem.

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

6 answers

4 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Hello Mario, 

Lemme try help you:

1. Go to the project
  2. Click on project settings
  3. Click on Users and roles
  4. Click on Edit defaults

image2016-6-6 12:51:47.png

1. Choose another user

image2016-6-6 12:52:5.png

Regards,

Lameck.

Mario Toro June 6, 2016

Thanks Lameck, this it the flow i did, but when apply 'UPDATE' nothing happens... in all of the other projects i can do that.

image2016-6-6 12:55:21.png

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Mario, it's bad. :/ Do you have permission to setup it? 

Damon Groenveld June 30, 2016

I get the same problem too and have tried in multiple different browsers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2016

What do you mean "it's impossible"?  Could you describe the process and what happens?

Mario Toro June 7, 2016

Hi Nic,

When apply 'UPDATE' nothing happens and no error message describes the problem or anything.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2016

Ok, that's one where we need to try two things:

1. Try a different browser - same issue?
  2. read the log files.

You can't do the logs on Cloud, so you'll need to refer this to Atlassian support for them to do it. (https://support.atlassian.com)

Damon Groenveld June 30, 2016

I have this issue too on Cloud and have tried in different browsers - all have the same issue, when you press update nothing happens.

0 votes
Roger Jacques September 11, 2017

I don't have an 'Edit Defaults' option.... any ideas why?

0 votes
Jennifer Zou May 2, 2017

Did you try with different brower? Sometimes brower just doesn't work. Try with different brower.

0 votes
JaA February 10, 2017

Hi Mario,

I just had the same problem in JIRA Server 7.2.3 and found https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-61388. The mentioned workaround works for me. My project has a key of 13 characters and in the administration settings the maximum project key size is set to 10 characters. After changing it to 15 I could change the project lead without problems and afterwards change it back to 10.

I'm using JIRA 7.2.7 in my testing environment and there the bug doesn't exist, but I can't find an issue for that, only https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-60081 is mentioned in the release notes.

Jan

0 votes
Barbara Ilves November 21, 2016

+1 I have exactly the same problem and I can't figure out the reason. Tried several browsers and I even checked if the same problem with the same project appears in dev and prelive environment and it does. Just this one project, everything else works fine.

Suggest an answer