I am not able to create a new project although I am an Adm.

Maria del Carmen Moreno Gavara January 8, 2021

Hi, I am working with Jira-Kanban. And I need to create a new project aside from the one as the group we have. It seems that I am an Adm (picture attached), but when I want to create a new project, the tab" create" doesn't show up. It seems to me that although I am an Adm, I can't create a new project aside ( picture attached). I will need to check if I have all the permissions I need to create a new, totally different project or do something wrong. Any advice? Thank you in advance.   Carme Moreno

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

You didn't attach the pictures so I'm just guessing here as to your situation but there is a difference between project admin and system admin. If you are just a project admin you will not be able to create a new project as you are only an administrator of the projects you have been granted admin rights to. A system administrator must create the project and grant project admin access.

Thank you attached the pics in the following message, but it seems that the problem you mention is my current one. Eahteir I need access as a System Adm or I need my superior to create it.

Thank you, 

Carme

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Yeah, it looks like you are a project admin, which is different and only gives you admin access within that project based on your screenshots.

Maria del Carmen Moreno Gavara January 11, 2021

Hi Davin, 

What is the difference between the Jira I am on as a Project Adm (pics in the previous emails)  and SDLGLOBAL - Nextgen software

With the last one, I am able to create new projects. 

Thank you, 

Carme MorenoTesting with New-gen software.png

0 votes

Jira Adm.jpgCreating a new project...png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events