I am new to JIRA REST API.I tried using ajax to validate field (JIRA number) but it failed.Can someone help me with this urgently?

SNEHA KHANDELWAL January 10, 2017

I am using the following below code in order to do validation for JIRA number.Howeve it is not working.Please help me-

function restrictToInteger() {
var username = $("#jiraId").val();

function make_base_auth(username) {
var tok = username;
var hash = btoa(tok);
return "Basic " + hash;
}
$.ajax({
type : "PUT",
url : 'https://jira-lpi.al.intraxa:8443/rest/api/2/issue/username',
dataType : 'json',
contentType : 'application/json',
beforeSend : function(xhr) {
xhr.withCredentials = true;
xhr.setRequestHeader('Authorization',
make_base_auth(username));
},
success : function(status,xhr) {
alert('working');
},
error : function(xhr, textStatus, errorThrown) {
console.log(textStatus + " : " + errorThrown);
alert('no data');
}
});

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2017

There is no such REST method as  PUT "rest/api/2/issue/username". I am not sure what you are trying to do but the closest method is PUT "rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}" that updates issue.

Maybe "by validate JIRA number" you mean check for existence of an issue. Then you can use GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}.

0 votes
SNEHA KHANDELWAL January 15, 2017

Hi,

Please someone help me.i need to fix this issue asap.

Thanks,

Sneha

0 votes
SNEHA KHANDELWAL January 12, 2017

Hi,

Thanks!!! That was by mistake i have written PUT. I tried using GET but not able to validate.

How to include JIRA issue that is being passed from the UI in the url- "rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}" .Like,i have passed ACR-1082 from UI ,then how it will attach to the url so the url can become "https://jira-lpi.al.intraxa:8443/rest/api/2/issue/ACR-1082".

And moreover,I am facing below error-

"Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resourse".

Thanks,

Sneha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events