I am looking for a large JIRA implementation reference

Jan Schmidt March 21, 2016

Hi,

As a part of the JIRA project evaluation I am looking for some large JIRA implementation reference. Ideally in Telco industry. In the current tool we have around 1000 users (sized as concurrent) and roughly around 30k tickets per month and I would like to have the evidence for my stakeholders, that there is JIRA live operation of similar size (and that it is successful smile).

Thanks Jan

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016

I manage one JIRA instance that is being used by a major US TelCo industry (15,000~ users, 1,200~ Projects, 600,000 issues growing 18k per month). I have signed an NDA so I can't tell which is it but they claim they are the biggest TelCo in the U.S, so I guess whatever I said won't help your cause sad

If you won't get what you need here, you can visit the Atlassian Customers page (https://www.atlassian.com/customers) where you can filter through and find companies that uses JIRA and have chose to tell the world they are using it smile

Jan Schmidt March 30, 2016

Hello Gabrielle,

thanks for this. Can you share at least, if the customer is using the Data center license option or not? And perhaps some infrastructure info?

Thanks Jan

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

We will be migrating to the data center model soon. Our JIRA is hosted on a two High Availability Enterprise Linux clusters. Each cluster consists of two servers connected to a shared storage array. Each server has 32 processor cores and 256 gigabytes of RAM. Shared storage for each cluster is over 10 terabytes of tier one SAN. The servers in each cluster are configured as an active/active pair.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2016

This is a good resource on JIRA references – https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-sizing-guide-461504623.html Note related pages in this section.

Jan Schmidt March 30, 2016

thanks, but I need a reference of a real customer to have an evidence for the users.

Rgds Jan

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2016

I'm not sure what you're looking for specifically I suppose. I work for an expert, a consulting partner. We operate or collaborate with many different implementations of Atlassian tools from many different customers.

You're solely looking for a company name? You must understand that most professionals in this ecosystem are under NDA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events