I am getting email notifications for projects that are irrelevant to me. How can I find out why I am getting them?

Tom Scrace June 27, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

Sounds like the notification scheme is sending to a group you belong to.  Talk to the JIRA admin about the notification scheme and then the project lead to see if they assigned you to a role by mistake or any of the groups being notified that you are in to a role

Tom Scrace June 27, 2016

Thanks Joe. I am one of the admins, so I ought to be able to solve this myself. Is there some way to start with a particular notification and track back to find out why I received it?

Thanks again.

Tom

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

The email you are sent should give you an idea of what type of event is being fired. IE Issue Commented sends the "Comment was added" email. Issue Updated sends the "Issue was updated" email.

Tom Scrace June 27, 2016

think I may have figured this out. I went to Issues (in the cog menu) and then 'Notification Schemes'. Then I looked at the default scheme (the only one). For 'Issue Created' events notifications are going to the administrators group. I am removing this.

Thanks for your help again.

Tom

Suggest an answer