I Why can't I add new version to the project although I have project lead role and jira admin role.

Anna Legendziewicz July 14, 2016

3 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2016

Project lead or JIRA admin doesn't make sure a poject admin. You need to check the project permissions to verify. I would normally recommend adding the project lead to "Administer projects" permission but you can also add the user to the role used in the permission.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2016

Yes, probably just need to check that the jira-administrators group is either in the Administrators project role, or has Administer Project permission in the permission scheme

0 votes
Anna Legendziewicz July 14, 2016

in project setting I also can't edit existing version but I can see them in backlog view.jira.pngjira2.png

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale July 14, 2016

Check the permissions for that particular project

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2016

That's not enough direction to help anyone

Suggest an answer