Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hyperlink text added in description disappears when switching edit modes Edited

Our BAs painstakingly create detailed issue descriptions with hyperlinks to attached images.  When someone goes in and appends some additional information in the description field the hyperlinks disappear if the editing mode is switched between "Visual" and "Text". 

This is viewable in the history tab.  How can we stop this from happening?  

Example before and after, note that text for link disappears

issue.PNG

It appears to happen if the editing mode is switched between "Visual" and "Text".  The following  3 examples show me adding some additional text after the links.  I did not touch the links after first adding them.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello @Pete P ,

This is a Bug we are tracking at the following link:

Do note that the behavior on the Bug is slightly different from what you are reporting, but the cause is the same,  We had a separate Request open noting exactly this behavior but was closed out as a duplicate and wrapped into the one noted above.  The Closed Dupe that details the behavior you are seeing can be viewed here:

Unfortunately there is not a workaround and you will have to rebuild the alias link manually when the error occurs.

Regards,
Earl

Thanks @Earl McCutcheon  for the reply!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,934 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you