How would you query JIRA for tickets a person is involved in (in any fashion: comment, assignee, edited, watching, etc.)?

Chris Dennison December 7, 2016

I would like to have a search for any ticket that a particular person (e.g., myself or someone on my team) has interacted with...whether it was assigned to them at one point (perhaps not presently), they edited some field in it, they are watching it, they entered  a comment on it, or were mentioned on it, etc.

3 answers

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

Use JQL like.

creator = username OR reporter = username OR assignee = username OR assignee was username

There is nothing for issue updated by and commented by as of now.

-Ravi

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2016

Some of those are availible. For example, "assignee was in (kstack)" or "reporter change BY kstack" but in general update history of a single user isn't easy to do.  

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2016

The jira-tools plugin has a participant field that captures that data and can be searched. However, it would only work going forward after installing it. I don't think you can get it all otherwise. 

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

A full reindex might get the past data

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2016

No, the plugin apparently intercepts the actions and captures the information in real time. It can't reach back. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events