How will adding JIRA Core license to JIRA Software license change plugin management?

Atte Oksman November 22, 2015

We currently have a version 6.3.10 JIRA Software server installation with a 100 user license. We need to add more users but not all of the users need the Software features so adding a new JIRA Core license (with 25 users, for example) seems like the best move.

My question is how will this affect the plugins we have (mainly Tempo Timesheets)? With the new total users number being 125, do I need to upgrade plugin licenses or do they need to match the "highest JIRA user tier" (in this case Software) only?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Atte Oksman November 22, 2015

Silly me, I didn't look at the plugin FAQ before posting this. So here's the answer:

For JIRA Server 7.0 or later, the add-on tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed JIRA applications on your instance. For example, if you're running JIRA Software (50 users) and JIRA Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for add-ons.

For versions of JIRA Server prior to 7.0, the add-on tier should match the licensed user tier for JIRA. Even if fewer users want to use the add-on than your JIRA license, the two licenses should match exactly.

Source: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/is.origo.jira.tempo-plugin/server/pricing

Suggest an answer