How to use transition to automatically move story to different colunm?

Jason Debler January 5, 2018

I am thinking there is a simple answer to this and I am just accidentally overlooking it.

Example of what I am trying to accomplish:

On my Kanban board, I have two columns (among others).

1. In Process
  2. Needs Review

I am trying to make so that when the story is in the "In Process" column, the user clicks the button for "Needs Review" transition, which moves the card into the "Needs Review" column automatically.

I for the life of me cannot figure out where I make it so that column move happens.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

3 answers

0 votes

Ah...okay.  That and Suzanne's comment above helps it to make sense.  The status dictates the column that the card is displayed in.  Got it.  I will get my statuses squared away and in the columns that I want them to be and ensure the transitions flow correctly.

Much appreciated!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

Columns are a collection of status (albeit, often a collection of only one!)

Look at the column definitions in Board Config -> Columns.  Your workflow needs to transition from a status that is in the "in progress" column into a status that is in the "needs review" column.

0 votes
Suzanne Seaton January 5, 2018

Hi Jason, do you have the status "Needs Review" mapped to your column "Needs Review"?

I think so...but I will double check.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer