How to use the api/2/workflow endpoints without workflow ids?

Michal Wiszniewski November 24, 2016

As far as I can tell, workflows in JIRA have no ids, yet all the endpoints for working with workflows require an ID which doesn't exist. Are those endpoints simply not accessible? How do I use them or am I just out of luck if I want to use the REST api to do this? 

3 answers

0 votes
Jan Eelco Hoekstra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

It is strange, but there is no way to get the workflow ID's over the rest API. Workflows do have an ID, it is only not shown on any /workflow or /workflow/search or whatever endpoint.
On server and DC, you can get these infors from the database itself, but if you need them on cloud, ask Atlassian support to supply you with a list of workflow names and their ID's from the database.

0 votes
mlassau_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2016

Well that's not going to work sad

Please raise that as a bug

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2016

When you look from JIRA UI you can see the id but I wonder why it's not returned by the api/2/workflow.

Suggest an answer