How to use WebSectionProvider?

doni brasco February 1, 2017

I have a JIRA plugin with dynamic menu items using WebItemProvider-interface (com.atlassian.plugin.web.api.provider.WebItemProvider).

This works excellent, but only for menu items in menu, but not for menu sections.

My atlassian-plugin.xml contains plugin module for "WebItem" and it works:

<web-item-provider key="xxx" ....

class="package.classImplementsWebItemProvider" />

My intention was to add a plugin module for "WebSection" into atlassian-plugin.xml.

But i don't know how.

I tried with:

<web-section-provider key="yyy" ....

class="package.classImplementsWebSectionProvider" />

But it doesn't work. Maybe there is no tag: <web-section-provider.                                                

Has anyone an idea how to solve the problem with menu sections?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
doni brasco February 1, 2017

Thank you Jobin for your answer.

But my web sections and web items need to be created dynamically. That is, I can not define it in atlassian-plugin.xml. To create dynamic web items, there is an interface WebItemProvider, whose implementation of the method Iterable <WebItem> getItems (Map <String, Object> context) returns a list of the web items. It is working. But I still need web sections to which these web items are assigned.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Checkout this page for adding web-sections. 

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/building-jira-add-ons/jira-plugins2-overview/jira-plugin-module-types/web-section-plugin-module

Your web-items will then point to the new web section.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events