How to trigger an email just 7 days before the quote/jira issue expires

pooja chourasia December 7, 2017

If the Current date is less than 7 days for the Quote Valid Until(field) Date and the Quote is in “Quote Positive”(status) and “Catalogue Positive”(status) then a email should be triggered.

Need to implement this logic in JIRA tool. Please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hello,

1. You should create a filter with a JQL condition like this

assignee = currentUser() and "Quote Valid Until(field) Date" < -7d and status in ("Quote Positive", "Quote Positive")

2. Make subscription for the filter which would send a email on schedule. You can choose an option if you want an empty result list to be sent or not.

You can read more about filters in the following article

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/using-filters-720416526.html#UsingFilters-SubscribingtoaFilter

pooja chourasia December 13, 2017

Hello Alexey,

I have implemented this logic and It's working for me too.However, I am unable to find the place where I can change email/subscription content.

Could you please suggest any solution for this.

Thanks in Advance :)

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2017

What do you mean by content? Do you mean where to schedule the email sending? If so, then kindly read the article

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html

Now, I am getting details about filter name, Subscriber, Key, Summary in the email body and I need to send email including custom field values.

Can we edit the email body for the above requirement.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2017

I see. You need to configure filter fields. If you open your filter in issue navigator then push "Columns" button, then choose "Filter" tab and choose all columns which you want to be sent. You will receive email with all these fields.

I can see selected columns in the filter, however getting the email with no field details, 

Any step, I'm missing.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2017

You need to configure columns for the Filter tab. 

Kindly read more info here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-issue-table-columns-720412300.html

I did the same, still not getting the field info

Hello Alexey,

I updated User Preferences for Email Type to HTML, now I am getting mail with filtered columns.

Thank You :)  

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2017

Nice to hear. Thank you for letting know :)

pooja chourasia December 14, 2017

Hello Alexey,

I have to meet the deadline, my code is not working.

Could you please suggest any solution for the below query,

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Code-is-working-fine-in-Chrome-unable-to-download-excel-in/qaq-p/688986

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2017

Do not take me wrong but I participate in this community in my free time as a volunteer. Answering your linked question would take more time than I can afford. I am really sorry. I hope everything will be fine. Do not give up.

pooja chourasia December 14, 2017

Hello Alexey,

I understand, no worries.

Thanks for the reply  :)

Suggest an answer