How to transfer data from jira wep app to NY erp system windows app

Dua Jaser September 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Linking to Another Application

Ask your question here...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2016

First, is this a push or pull (or both)?

If the data is going from JIRA to the other system, then you need to think about when it's supposed to go, so you can set up an appropriate link.  If, for example, it's on a change of issue status, you can use a web-hook.  There's lots of other options.

In the other direction, your other system will need to update JIRA over the standard REST interface.

Thanks alot

It is both

We suppose to use jira as crm and make our erp system read data and the flow of issue from JIRA and later on write on jira

Our system  Is windows app

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2016

Ok, do you need more info?

Yes, please 

I will be thankful... 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2016

Um, ok, but what more do you need?  "make it read and write" doesn't tell me enough to do anything other than say "have a look at the JIRA docs for webhooks and the REST interface"

This is asimple example for what I need :

An employee will request for vacation from our erp system then the flow of this vacation will start in JIRA ( ex. Direct manager approvement) 

At every step in jira  we want our system be able to track this issue in order to see the flow of this issue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2016

So your ERP system can use REST to read the data from JIRA, and it sounds like it might want to be creating issues as well - see https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis for how to create, view and update JIRA issues.

Dua Jaser September 3, 2016

Thanks alot

I will try that.... 

Suggest an answer