It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to track unassigned items time till assigned

I need a way to track the burn down rate of items that are unassigned.

Our workflow is setup to were initially everyone is given a couple of tasked but there is a large pool of tasks unassigned at the beginning of the sprint. As people push their tasks to QA they grab new ones from Unassigned. I need a way to track how fast that pool of unassigned is decreasing.  

Or is there a different way that's recommended to go about this?

1 answer

Out of the box there's no way to measure that.  Without plugins, if you are willing, you can get measurements via the JIRA Control Chart if you move unassigned and assigned to status's in your workflow.

• You can reduce the administrative overhead by adding a post function that sets the assignee automatically when the ticket is dragged from unassigned to assigned.

With a plugin like ScriptRunner, you can set a custom value for "Unassigned Time" when the ticket is assigned.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,098 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you