How to tag groups in projects on JIRA?

When you are commenting on a project is there a way you can tag a whole group instead of one by one?

Thanks!

1 answer

What do you mean by "commenting on a project"? JIRA Projects does not have comments, JIRA Project issues does. 

Assuming you meant JIRA Project issues and by "tag" you mean by @mentions? As you can see, it will only work with single JIRA accounts, not user groups or roles. What's your use case here? So that a group can be notified? You can create a "generic" JIRA account that will have a team's distribution list as its email so that by mentioning this account, you will send an email to the distro list.

Is this been improved or added on in any way? I to would like to create a group or email group to mention with @mentions and I would prefer to not have to create an account to. There should be a way to create a project email group software team group so that if I want them all to see a comment I can simply just @SoftwareTeam or something of that nature.

Like 1 person likes this
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion May 12, 2017

Hi Parker,

you can watch this issue here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-28225

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

2,974 views 8 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you