How to stop notifications to project lead

Vadim Ivanov August 8, 2019

I'm the lead of the project. The notification scheme of the project doesn't have project lead listed anywhere. But i'm still getting notification. Most of events have the following notifications: all watchers, assignee and reporter. I'm neither watcher, assigned or reporter, but still get notifications. 

this thread says remove yourself from lead, but I don't want to remove from lead, I want to remove notifications.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-am-project-lead-How-do-I-stop-notification-for-every-ticket/qaq-p/632996

many thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Sabrina Liao February 11, 2020

Hi Vadim, did you figure it out in the end? If you're like me (I left a similar question but w/ more details here), you might want to take a look at the Details page in the project settings and see if 'Project Lead' is set as the default assignee there (yes, Jira's UI can be very confusing w/ settings in multiple places).

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2019

Hi Vadim and Welcome,

How is you notification scheme configured? Probably you are part of a group o project roles listed in the notification scheme of your project.

Could you please check that you aren't in any group or roles configured for undesired notification events ?

For further information check:

Creating a notification scheme

Kind regards

Josip Šćirek February 15, 2022

This is not helping because I'm lead. How tu turn of notification for lead?

Suggest an answer