How to set up different rights within a project

Marit van den Ham February 1, 2016

I would like to change the brows rights for a small group of users within a project.

Normall project users are allowed to see and edit according the configuration and groups. They have browse project rights and see all issues within the project. 

For a small group we want to set up rights that they can only see the issues assigned or reported by them. I did find the following confluence page but this setting works for everyone within the project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+limit+user+to+only+browse+issues+assigned+to+or+reported+by+them

can it also be linked to a specific user group to make this difference between two usergroups with browse/edit rights within one project?

4 answers

0 votes
Marit van den Ham February 2, 2016

Great that this is possible but I am looking for the instruction how to do this.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2016

admin panel => issues => permossion schemes => select requred scheme => edit => select => browse permission => action "Add" => select radio button to Asignee

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2016

It is possible to add an asignee to any permission. It means that some user will have permission to browse and edit an issue only when it is assigned. Is it suitable for you?

You can also get some permissions to issue author.

0 votes
Marit van den Ham February 2, 2016

The current users have permision to edit everything within the project or read only. This is set up via the Persmission Scheme in combination with two user groups. Now I want to make a third group that can only edit and see specific issues (assigned to them or created by them) within the project. This cannot be done via the permission scheme since it is edit for everything or nothing.

The link I coppied comes close to a solution but is automatically also applied to my two previous groups and they should stay untouched.

I hope this makes it clear what I am looking for.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2016

Does it mean that you want to give edit permission for creator only when it is a member of certain group?

Suggest an answer