How to set a jira systems administrator

Sian Royal December 10, 2017

I have been going round in circles with this.  Has anyone got a step by step guide?  I have tried to follow the documentation but my drop down has Browse Users, Create Shared Objects, Manage group filter subscriptions and bulk change.  The group has Anyone in the box.  I have no idea what to pick.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes

I am on cloud thanks.

Aaaaahhhh right thanks.  The documentation needs to be tweaked, I don't find it very user friendly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2017

My guess would be that you hit the Jira Server docs, rather than the Cloud ones.  It happens a lot (in both directions), and I also think it could be made more clear.

Yes I agree, there are many areas that could be clearer.  Thanks again for you help.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2017

Are you on Cloud or Server?

I am on Cloud thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2017

Ok, you're not going mad!  :-)

You don't get Systems Administrator on Cloud, it's restricted to Atlassian support only.  You can't go above "Jira administrator"

Aaaahhh right thanks for this.

Suggest an answer