How to send a JIRA subscription based on a custom field

Dan Sitarski November 18, 2015

I have a saved filter that selects issues based on a custom field (requestor) = CurrentUser() and would like to setup a subscription to send the report to each user in the custom field.  However, there is not a JIRA group with all the requestors listed to include in the subscription.  Most of the requestors do not have a JIRA account so jira-users can not be used.  Is there a workaround or a solution where a new group could be updated dynamically whenever a new requestor is added to an issue?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

Updating the JIRA group can automated via the JIRA REST API but I'm not sure on what do you mean "whenever a new requestor is added to an issue". So this Requestor custom field is a list then? Is there any reason why you are not using the "Assignee" field here?

Dan Sitarski November 18, 2015

Requestor is a custom single user picker field that is required when an issue is created.  The Requestor can be anyone in the organization and in most cases does not have a JIRA account (not enough licenses).  Assignee is used to indicate which developer has been assigned to work the issue.  Also, any suggestion on how the JIRA REST API would be setup? Thanks

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

I meant "Reporter" sorry, not Assignee. Try looking at the JIRACLI which simplifies the JIRA REST API so you can automate stuff like this. https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/3.6.0+-+Examples jira --action addUserToGroup --userId "testuser3" --group "testgroup2"

Suggest an answer