How to see subtask on the jira board

Frank Brundage April 25, 2016

Hi-

I would like to see sub tasks on the JIRA backlog board. I found documentation to add the ranking button (not found on the configure board page as stated) but amended the board's filter query to have ORDER BY Rank ASC. This will show the sub task when running the query but the JIRA board still does not show the subtasks.

Anyone know how to see the subtask on the backlog board?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2016

The short answer is that you don't get to see subtasks on the planning board because you don't need to.  You can't rank them there, so there's no need to see them.

The only "fix" I've seen is a hack to add an extra display on the board, but it is a code change and it is just for display (and can't be done on Cloud)

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2016

Hi Frank,

There is a thread on this https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/291555

Suggest an answer