How to see a column in search that shows user's Work Logged per issue?

Lynn Gariepy January 6, 2017

I need to show the auditors a list of issued that have logged hours by my developers.
What column can I use in Search should I use to be able to export to excel?

This is my JQL

project in (TURBO, TIMELOG) AND worklogAuthor in (Gantcheva, LapadatA, Fosticd) AND worklogDate >= 2015-01-01 AND worklogDate < 2016-01-01 AND issuetype in (Story, "Test Task")

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2017

You need to add the Time Spent column/field. 

Lynn Gariepy January 9, 2017

Hi Peter,

This is not returning what I need.

I need to report on the number of hours per user.

This is my query: project not in (TURBO, TIMELOG) AND worklogAuthor in (BoustanyJ) AND worklogDate >= 2015-01-01 AND worklogDate < 2016-01-01 AND issuetype in (Story, "Test Task", "Estimate Requests/Design", "Application Support", bug, Documentation, "DB Schema", "Hot Fix", "Service Request", Task)

For example in issue Acct-314, shows Time Spent as 6 hours and sum Time Spent as 3 days, 4 hours, but when I look at the Work Log tab in the issue, it shows that user Jade logged only 3 hours, not 6. There are 3 hours logged by another user.

Is there a better query I should use to filter only the time logged by specific users?

Thank you,

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2017

I'm not aware of other built-in ways to get this type of report. 

Unless you are using plugins like Tempo for improved time management or eazyBI for improved reporting this isn't that simple. 

However, if you are using Script Runner, which most are, you can use this JQL and most probably tweak it to your needs (join it with your current JQL):

issueFunction in workLogged('by user')

See more options here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.0/jira/jql-functions.html#_worklogged

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer