How to save filter results each day?

Ovidiu Vasilescu March 22, 2016

I'd like to be able to track how many issues a filter was returning each day.

For example, on Monday it would return 34 and on Tuesday it would return 27. Maybe some issues were resolved, some were deleted, some were no longer fitting the filter etc. What I would want is to keep the first number as well, to know that on Monday we had 34 issues in that filter.

Is there a way to track these numbers? As soon as the changes are done, the old number is lost forever. Is there any way to keep this data? Maybe a gadget or some other way.

Thanks,

Ovidiu.

3 answers

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

We first did this by creating a scheduled (cron) Python script that called the filter using the REST API and stored the result in a local MySQL DB. Would only take an experienced developer a couple of hours.

In the beginning, I looked at the data using TOAD and Excel, we later built another script that read the data and created a graph which was emailed every morning.

It is possible you can use Arsenale Dataplane Add-On for this as well, I'm not sure.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

It depends on what filter do you have but based on what you said, it seems that the filter is dynamic. My first question is, where do you want this numbers to be stored? You want to automatically save the result number, but where? Where do you plan on displaying it? A gadget will not work here as it only displays whatever a filter returns. The other way is to update your filter to return something fixed.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2016

This is a workaroud, but you could try to create a subscription and store resalts of a filter into a letter.

You also can create some rules for mail to put such leters into specified folder.

Best regards,

Vasiliy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events