How to remove sub-tasks from the Version Report or Release Report in Jira version 6.4?

Greg January 12, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Using the release page to check the progress of a version

I have found this comment on GHS-8152 from 2013-11-26 saying:

We have decided to remove sub-tasks all together from the Version Report. This will be present in JIRA Agile 6.3.6.
If there is a legitimate use case for displaying sub-tasks on the Version Report, we will address it later. But by default we believe that most users do not benefit from sub-tasks being included.
Thanks for your patience.
Regards,
JIRA Agile Team

But open opening a Version Report (aka Release Report?) in JIRA version 6.4.12 (per instructions here) and clicking, for example, 42 Issues to do, many of the issues then listed below are sub-tasks.  How I can remove those sub-tasks from the list?

2 answers

0 votes
JurgenJanssens November 30, 2016

Agree that subtasks are of no interest on this level of information.

This said: if subtasks are removed, then their workload is not included either. This skews the Version report. This means that one would have to put the workload on subtask(s) level, and again on the maintask. This doesn't make sense either (and skews other reports).

Or is there another way to reconcile the need to have macro information in the version report, with having correct numbers (flagging/unflagging the '

0 votes
Konrad J. Hammerl March 3, 2016

I actually have the same question. To me, the sub-tasks are of no interest on this level of information.

Suggest an answer