• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to remove edit option for Assignee Field

I want to remove edit option in Assignee field.

Assignee should be added only while creating the jira ticket once created the Assignee should not be changed.  For this to happen i want to disable the edit option which is available once we hover around the assignee field after the ticket is created.Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 4.37.38 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Clark Everson Community Leader Feb 02, 2021

Hi @Vishist amazon 

Welcome to the community!

This isn't really something you can control from the sense you are describing. The assign issues permission works at any point in time. The only permission based option really is to limit who has the ability to do it via the Assign issues permission. The permission won't let you set when someone can do it.

Permissions are a complex thing: 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

To do what you are asking you would need to apply a condition to a workflow that prevents the field from being edited or you would need to use automation for Jira to prevent if from being edited.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

Be careful with advanced workflows though, as they can also hinder jira usage by preventing people from doing things if not setup properly.

best,
Clark

Hi @Vishist amazon,

That is controlled by Assign Issue project permission. You might want to review the project permission and understand what each one of them is doing.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

75 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you