How to remove edit option for Assignee Field

Vishist amazon February 2, 2021

I want to remove edit option in Assignee field.

Assignee should be added only while creating the jira ticket once created the Assignee should not be changed.  For this to happen i want to disable the edit option which is available once we hover around the assignee field after the ticket is created.Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 4.37.38 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

Hi @Vishist amazon,

That is controlled by Assign Issue project permission. You might want to review the project permission and understand what each one of them is doing.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Vishist amazon 

Welcome to the community!

This isn't really something you can control from the sense you are describing. The assign issues permission works at any point in time. The only permission based option really is to limit who has the ability to do it via the Assign issues permission. The permission won't let you set when someone can do it.

Permissions are a complex thing: 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

To do what you are asking you would need to apply a condition to a workflow that prevents the field from being edited or you would need to use automation for Jira to prevent if from being edited.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

Be careful with advanced workflows though, as they can also hinder jira usage by preventing people from doing things if not setup properly.

best,
Clark

Suggest an answer