How to put issues fields in Detail View in two colums

Zawistowski Grzegorz October 16, 2015

How Could I put issue Field in Detail View by Two Colums ?

Cira two colums Detail View.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2015

You'd need to hack the core code to change the layouts, as JIRA only supports a single column layout

There are requests for different layouts, but they've not been implemented yet

And how could I hack the core code of jira. I must go to serwer ? And which file edit to put break line or another div ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2015

This is not something I would recommend doing. You'll have to maintain it on all upgrades, and the code might not be as simple as you think. As for where to do it, I would start with a *test* system. You'll need to find the right files (I've done similar things in old versions of JIRA, but the files have changed since I last did it, so I can't help you), change them, keeping *very* careful notes on what you've done, and then restart JIRA to pick up the changes. Once happy in your test system, backup your production install and apply the changes.

Thanks Nic :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events