How to prioritize issues manually regardless of status?

Jelena Vatavuk June 30, 2016

I have 600 issues in my JIRA. When submitted these were given a Priority (Very High, High, Medium, Low).

Then as these issues are worked through - they go along their workflows and I fully understand using the KanBan board to prioritize tickets (within a status).

But what can I do if I want to do a manual prioritization?

I want to be able to pull up a list of ALL of my issues and I want to be able to rank them 1 - 600 for what I will do first, second, third. The thing is - not all of my high priority items will be done first. I may do some low priority items as quick wins.

All I have been able to do is have a list ranked by the priority and then by the status (tickets later on in the workflow are being ranked higher - but I don't want this. I could have a ticket sitting in my backlog that is a low priority item, but I want it ranked at the top because it is the next item on this list for a business reason. That low priority item could be much higher in my ranked list than something that is high priority in a "in progress" status.

Anyone have any solutions on somehow getting a view of all of my tickets - in a rank order that I CHOOSE, not based on the natural order from JIRA?

Much appreciated!

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

Why not create a Kanban board with a filter which includes all your issues and sorts on Rank? Then rank all of them manually.

Something like this:

image2016-7-1 1:1:45.png

This is a screenshot from a Kanban board general configuration page.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

I'd use quick filters. That way, you can show only issues matching your desired conditions in one click.

Suggest an answer