How to prevent users from adding jira-users to group subscriptions

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

Hi All

Users have the permissions to create filter subscriptions by adding groups.

Now if an employee wants to spam the entire company he can add the jira-users group to a filter subscription and spam everyone.

How can we avoid this scenario?

Can we prevent certain users from adding groups to subscriptions?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2015

I think this is controlled by the global permissions, i have been able to restrict this using global permissions.

Rahul

Bharat Tej October 29, 2018

How are you able to restrict users adding jira-user group from filter subscription?

In - Manage Group Filter Subscriptions global permission has - Ability to manage (create and delete) group filter subscriptions.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2015

JIRA works on the allow, not restrict, model. You need to remove the 'bad' users from the group or role giving them permission. Or a couple days off without pay after a warning should fix the problem. The problem with attacking the issue with code, which you are trying to do, is it is a never ending problem. After this is handled something else will come up and you'll look for a code solution. I believe training and consequences to not following processes is a better long term solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events