How to prevent Released status cards from moving to new sprint

Casey Maynard October 9, 2018

Our team has created a status called released for our JIRA cards.  During the sprints someone will mark the cards as 'released' and then the fix version also be marked as released in the Releases section.  But it when we close a sprint and move to a new sprint all the 'Released' cards still carry over into the new sprint.  How can we set up a rule so that when we close and create a new sprint, only the non-released cards will be in our new sprints?

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2018

Hello,

Only tickets in the most right column of your board will not be moved to a new sprint.

Casey Maynard October 9, 2018

Unfortunately this is not true.  Our board has 'Ready to Release' as the 'most right column', these also move from one sprint to another.  I suspect this has to do with the definition of Done.  So I need to determine where our Admin can change the rules that will define the 'done' rules.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2018

There is no way to change the definition of Done for boards. It is in-built.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2018

It may be that your issues that are moving have sub-tasks that are not in the 'most right column'.  In that case, it doesn't matter if the Story is "ready to release", it's not considered 'done' because parts of it are not, and it's nonsense to complete something that's not complete.

As @Alexey Matveev says, there are no "done" rules other than 'it is in the most right column'

Casey Maynard October 10, 2018

Thanks for the feedback.  I will 'test' out and ensure all 'sub-tasks' are also in the most right column.  I will update once we move to the next sprint.

Suggest an answer