How to place comments or questions on Jira dashboard

Stan Howarth April 14, 2016

I have a dashboard that I've placed issue metrics on to be used as a management status page.  I want management to be able to view the Dashboard and post comments or questions that I can respond to.  However, the comments feature is not able to be used on a dashboard.  I've tried using the Text gadget but anyone entering text has to use HTML and there is no timestamps or names associated with the text entered.  I'm considering an add-in like Questions for Confluence, Discussion, Easy Forum or Community Forums, but those are really overkill.  Any simpler suggestions, really the comment feature is all that is needed.  Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

I think I know where Steven is headed here. The JIRA Dashboards natively does not have this feature so Confluence was brought up which natively have "comments" enabled. What you can do is display your favorite charts in a linked Confluence page.

0 votes
Stan Howarth April 14, 2016

Yes we have confluence.  In fact on one part of the page I already have the confluence gadget that is used to show a page that has the current status report.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

Do you have Confluence?

Suggest an answer