How to modify this query? JQL help

NAW June 10, 2016

Hi

Following is the scrum board query and I need to convert the following "OR" part  to something aligned with scrum board :

"OR "Assign to" = Name OR "Fix by" = Name 

Full query:

---

project in (Project1,Project2) AND "Nodes" in ("Nodes from project 1") AND "Project Drop Delivery" not in (D1, D2) AND "Go To Market Phase" in ("R1, R2") and ("HLDs" != "xyz" or "HLDs" is EMPTY) OR "Assign to" = Name OR "Fix by" = Name ORDER BY Rank ASC

Unable to create or start sprints? (Thanks Andre for clarifying what was causing the issue)

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2016

I don't see what you want when you say "something aligned with scrum board".  What do you want to have this filter actually do?

NAW June 10, 2016

I am trying to look at 2 projects but the filter is looking at all the projects on our JIRA space because of the "OR" statement in my query.

2 Issues:

1) I can't be the project admin for all the projects.

2) When I change this (OR "Assign to" = Name OR "Fix by" = Name ) to (AND "Assign to" = Name OR "Fix by" = Name ) it doesn't pull any issues since the first project doesn't have "assign to or fix by custom fields. Please let me know if this clarified the issues I am facing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2016

Ok, the filter side sounds a little odd.

If the first project does not have the custom fields, then you can knock them out of the filter. I Think what you need might be:

( (project = project1) OR (project = project2 and ( "assign to" = name or "fix by" = name) ) )

That first half should get you the right list from the two projects, so you then add

AND "Nodes" in ("Nodes from project 1") AND "Project Drop Delivery" not in (D1, D2) AND "Go To Market Phase" in ("R1, R2") and ("HLDs" != "xyz" or "HLDs" is EMPTY)  ORDER BY Rank ASC

Not being a board admin won't affect your ability to use the filter

NAW June 10, 2016

Thank you Nic, I will test it out and let you know if it worked. Thanks again!

NAW June 10, 2016

Nic unfortunately it's not picking project 2 only picking  project 1 stuff:                   

• AND "Nodes" in ("Nodes from project 1") AND "Project Drop Delivery" not in (D1, D2) AND "Go To Market Phase" in ("R1, R2") and ("HLDs" != "xyz" or "HLDs" is EMPTY)  ORDER BY Rank ASC 
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2016

I'm afraid I can't tell you what your data is like.

The query I've given you will select from project 1, and project 2 (where those two fields are set to the values you choose) and then, from both of those,with the second block of "ands"

The best thing you can do is build the query up one clause at a time.  i.e. try:

project = project1

(project = project1) OR (project = project2 )

(project = project1) OR (project = project2 and ( "assign to" = name or "fix by" = name) ) )

and so on.

(Although, I've just noticed the "nodes" clause - that might be the problem if project2 doesn't have any nodes from project1)

NAW June 10, 2016

Thank you Nik, the following query worked:

(project = project1 AND "Nodes" in ("Nodes from project 1") AND "Project Drop Delivery" not in (D1, D2) AND "Go To Market Phase" in ("R1, R2") and ("HLDs" != "xyz" or "HLDs" is EMPTY) ) OR (project = project2 and ( "Assign to" = Name OR "Fix by" = Name ) ORDER BY Rank ASC 

Suggest an answer