How to mandate all field values under a custom field in JIRA?

BSB Raghav December 14, 2015

Upon dev complete transition in JIRA, one of the custom fields called DoD has a checklist items of about 4-5.

Before we go out of that screen, I want to make all values of that custom field (DoD) mandatory.

Currently, even if one item is selected it will allow us to move out of that screen, but we want all such values to be checked then only the screen should allow you to go out of that screen.

Any suggestions or workarounds are welcome!

P.S. Plugins - Misc Workflow extensions & Create on Transition are activated in JIRA.

Thank you

Raghav

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

We have had the same exact issue, with DoD.

We use a plugin called To Do List. It's free, and lets you place a condition on transition that all tasks be checked.

You can set a default list, but also add or remove tasks by editing the issue. We've been using it for a while, and have no complaints.

Cheers.

BSB Raghav December 15, 2015

Hi Nicolas, I have installed the plugin. Please can you help me understand how to make my existing DoD field which has some values (appear as check box items) to be configured with this plugin? I mean, on the resolve screen I want these values against the DoD field should appear and user should be able to check all of them before clicking on complete button. Even if the user misses one value of DoD then system will throw a message accordingly. Thanks!

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

1-Create a DoD custom field using the To Do List field type 2-Set default values for this field, corresponding to your DoD list items 3-Set that field in all necessary screens 4-Modify the workflow(s) for the affected issue types to add a "ToDoList all done" Validator This is covered in the plugin's documentation here: https://github.com/AndreyVMarkelov/mailru-jira-plugins-todolist/wiki/Configure-ToDo-List-Custom-Field

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015

So yeah, just add that field in your resolve screen, and make sure the transitions that use that screen have the validator, and you're all set.

BSB Raghav December 17, 2015

Hello again! thank you for your guidance....I could make it happen successfully. Only thing I want now is to let user select the To Do list items in the resolve screen (currently they are appearing with strike by default) and if they miss out even one item then system should display message all are mandatory. It is otherwise now, where if I remove the strike (or un check) any item then it prompts the message. Best Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events