How to make items marked "Done" resolved?

Jeremy Thompson February 10, 2016

We have many items marked "Done" but none of them are "Resolved". I read somewhere that this can be configured into the Workflow but do not see how.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Jeremy

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2016

There's several of ways to do it.  Both of the main ones rely on you identifying at what point in the lifecycle you want an issue to become "resolved" and looking at the workflow transition that should be taking them from unresolved to resolved (transitions change the status, so I usually recommend people get the list of status in the workflow and divide them into two piles - one where an issue needs more work, and done/resolved/ended/etc.  Then look at all the transitions going from one pile to another, as that's where we need to think about it)

First, there's the interactive way - for transtions going from unresolved to resolved, add a "screen" to the transition.  Make sure the screen includes the resolution field.  Users will then set it during the transition.

Second is the non-interactive way.  Same set of transitions, but you add a post-function for "set resolution field to fixed".

Third, you also need to pick up the "reopen" transitions.  On them, you use a similar post-function, but "set resolution field to <none>"

You can see the first and third point in the JIRA default workflow, as an example.

There are other ways to change resolution (if you have JIRA Software, there's a flag on the status in the workflow.  Or listeners. Or other bits of code.  Etc).

Michael Dennis October 13, 2016

I'm trying to create a transition that include "set resolution field to 'something' " but I do not see this as an option (or anything like it) in the list of possible post-functions for transitions.  What am I missing?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2016

Look for the "set value" post-function.  It'll let you choose "resolution" and a value for it.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

Edit the workflow and click on the transition that go to the status Done. On the menu on the right side, click Screen, and select Resolve issue screen. From that moment on, changing the status to Done will prompt a dialog window to enter the Resolution.

Suggest an answer