How to make issue type viewable by specific person or group?

Jan Kawa November 9, 2016

Assume I have a company with 3 branches (e.g. Berlin, Paris and London). I have 1 recruitment project in JIRA with 3 possible issue types (like above. Let's say "RecBerlin", and so forth). Now I want to create 3 groups that will have access to 1 issue type each (people in Berlin will have access to "RecBerlin" issue type, and so forth). Is that possible to achieve? Could someone give a step-by-step tutorial? I've tried to do it myself but I've got lost in these permission schemes. Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 vote
Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

Hi Jan,

i would recommend to use an issue security scheme for your project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-issue-level-security-802592414.html

You would need to set 3 security levels (e.g. Berlin, Paris and London) and then set the correct security level based on issue type.

i.e. when Issue of type RecBerlin is created then set security level "Berlin".

Cheers,

Alex

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2016

Yep, there is no "issue type" permissions for this, issue types are part of a project, and the project determines permissions.  So, your options are either three different projects, or what Alex wrote up.

Suggest an answer