How to know value or ID of the option ?

Raj Domala September 15, 2016

Hello All,

"For Cascading Select fields, you may either use the value of the option to be selected, no need to add the parent for childs. Or simply enter the ID of the option to be selected."

In postfunction I have a Select List (single choice) custom field needed to be updated to its single option 'A' when certain transition occurs. How do I know the value or ID of that option 'A' or do I accomplish to that custom field be populated with option 'A' when the transition occurs. Please help!

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

If you go to the configure action on the select list field, you will find a link to edit the existing options. Under the edit option screen, you can hover over Edit or Delete link to find the ID of the option. It will be the numeric value following 'selectedValue='.

Or you can use REST API to get details of the custom field and the response will show the options values with id.

Stuart Harris December 14, 2020

This has been stumping me for ages

felix.weber March 11, 2021

@Stuart Harris how did you get it to work ? 

I figured out the ID of my field in the URL according to Jobins instructions 

and set this to the transition:

'selectedValue=16198'

I tried also with the ' 

My Field shows "none" - due to testings you will get "none" if the value you set in the post function does not fit the value in the single-list

Transition Update Issue Custom Field Function .png 

Like Stuart Harris likes this
Stuart Harris March 11, 2021

Thats how I did it but also sometimes I cant get it to view in the footer bar so I open in new tab and stop it from loading, the ID is at the end of the URL 

felix.weber March 11, 2021

Works on cloud as well ! 

For those of you struggling finding the ID:

Navigate to the appropriate Custom field and its contexts

select "edit options"

CustomField_EditOptions.png

At the appropriate "option" select "edit" at the action items

EditOptions2.png

now check the URL

https://xxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/EditCustomFieldOptions!edit.jspa?fieldConfigId=xxxxx&selectedValue=16198

just enter the value in your post function 

Update Issue Custom Field Function.png

0 votes
Raj Domala September 15, 2016

@Jobin Kuruvilla Any thoughts ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events