How to keep current workflow status after transition happens?

Hisamitsu Koga June 14, 2016

I want to keep current workflow status after transition happens?

Let me assume that current wortkflow status is "In Progress". After move transition to next status:

"Waiting for Approval", I want to keep status is "In Progress". How can I do this in workflow?

Please give me any info.

2 answers

1 vote
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

The main purpose of a JIRA transition is usually to change the status to progress an issue in the workflow, so that's exactly what it normally does. I don't think you can or would want to change that behavior.

That said, you can create a new transition that goes back to the same status as you started from. Edit the workflow and create a new transition, doing whatever you need to do (clearing a value, for instance). Add the conditions to limit access, etc. and you should be done.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2016

That's a complete contradiction as you're trying to say that an issue is in two status.  It's either "waiting for approval" or "in progress".  One or the other (the rest of what I'd say is covered by Sten's answer)

Suggest an answer