How to join Eprics and Stories ?

Nico Lolo March 2, 2016

Hi Support team.

I'm new to script runner and have a use case that I believe I can implement with it.

On my 'EPIC' issue type, I have added a custom filed 'Catégorie' (in French for Category), it represents a kind of a big bucket of epics. 

Now, when I export my Stories into Excel, I'd like to export as well the Catégorie field to which the Story is associated to. I understand from this post https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/133594 that it's possible by adding a custom field and assign it custom groovy code, but I don't know how.

Could you please help me ?

3 answers

0 votes
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

Hi Nico,

The best links are in the ScriptRunner documentation

Scripted Field Examples

Workflow Post-Function examples

Or you could try following the Information Message example. which shows you a specific Scripted Field example of linked Blocked issues.

I hope that helps.

regards,

Mark.

0 votes
Nico Lolo March 6, 2016

Hi Steven.

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind share some more details ? Like an example or a link to some kind of tutorial ?

Thanks in advance 

Nicolas 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2016

You can use Script Fields to get a value from a linked issue.

You can use Post-Functions to copy the field from issue to linked issue during transitions. 

Suggest an answer