How to join Eprics and Stories ?

Hi Support team.

I'm new to script runner and have a use case that I believe I can implement with it.

On my 'EPIC' issue type, I have added a custom filed 'Catégorie' (in French for Category), it represents a kind of a big bucket of epics. 

Now, when I export my Stories into Excel, I'd like to export as well the Catégorie field to which the Story is associated to. I understand from this post https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/133594 that it's possible by adding a custom field and assign it custom groovy code, but I don't know how.

Could you please help me ?

3 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Mar 06, 2016

You can use Script Fields to get a value from a linked issue.

You can use Post-Functions to copy the field from issue to linked issue during transitions. 

Hi Steven.

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind share some more details ? Like an example or a link to some kind of tutorial ?

Thanks in advance 

Nicolas 

Hi Nico,

The best links are in the ScriptRunner documentation

Scripted Field Examples

Workflow Post-Function examples

Or you could try following the Information Message example. which shows you a specific Scripted Field example of linked Blocked issues.

I hope that helps.

regards,

Mark.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

890 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot