How to increase number of Recent Projects in JIRA?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

How can I increase the number of recent projects in JIRA from 5 to 10. 

I know it's Atlassian is not providing that feature right now But how can I achieve it? Capture.PNG

3 answers

3 votes
Mark Haller September 23, 2016

I want a solution to this too!   Either 10 items would be great, or a quick type-ahead like on the JQL simple search builder

2 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

You can't as this is hardcoded to 5 in the class that provides the menu items for the top navigation bar.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2016

Can I create a plugin and do it with that? 
Like I could add a web-section and keep track of recent projects (somehow).

would this direction be viable or not?  

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2016

Yes you can implement your own dropdown showing the list of recent projects. Check these for guide/samples

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11970940

https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/plugin-modules/web-item-plugin-module

The problem is that you'll then have two drop-down menus showing a list of projects and the only way you can hide the original menu provided by JIRA might be a bit hacky - you need to create a css file which is included globally on all pages which sets the "display" of the original menu to "none".

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2016

Okay, thanks for you help. I'll look into this smile

0 votes
webks GmbH July 29, 2020

Thank you for your question, we have exactly the same requirements. 5 entries is just too less. Is there a jira feature request yet to make this setting configurable?

I could not find one yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events