How to import workflow with project

Vasil Galinovsky February 26, 2017

Hi, I am trying import a new project with json with custom workflow. Workflow was already created in system. How can I set needed workflow in json?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2017

What do you mean by "set workflow"?  You've said you have the workflow in there already, so all you need to do is set the workflow scheme for the project.

Vasil Galinovsky February 26, 2017

I want to create a project from a scratch by import but I can't import some of my statuses because in default JIRA workflow there is no such statuses, In this case I need to create the project first manually and only after that I can import data. I would like to set workflow in json to skip manual steps

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2017

You'll need to add the status before you can use them in your workflows.  I don't think there's an importer function for that yet, but if you are using the editor to create workflows, or just importing workflows, then the status will be the for them already.

Deleted user June 9, 2017

I've the same problem.

A complete json for importing a project based on a custom workflow.

The custom workflow is inside Jira so I don't need to load it again.

the json importer is not able to resolve the statuses of the custom workflow and show an error of workflow resolution.

I need to upload tons of project with the custom workflow and this is a constraint for buying the license of Jira. Please help me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2017

You need to configure the workflow correctly in the target system, so that it can cope with the incoming data.

Ben Upham October 1, 2018

I also have this issue. When importing project/issue data with a JSON, the project is assigned to a "default" workflow in Jira. If any of the issues have a status that is not in that workflow, they are assigned a different status. I'd like to either specify the project workflow when importing the JSON (in the json somewhere?) or change the default workflow for JSON imports in Jira. 

Robert Boxall November 12, 2018

Same issue here - seems imports only work against the default jira workflow and you can't change it. Hence imports are restricted to only allow the transitions that are part of the default. 

Best solution would be to allow the json to state the workflow to use. It probably does but the documentation is not great.

Robert Boxall November 12, 2018

Well, after mining jira's own jira project I stumbled across this gem:

"name": "Kanban Sample",
            "key": "KBS",
            "description": "Kanban Sample",
            "workflowSchemeName": "GreenHopper Workflow Scheme",
            "issues": [ 

This solves the problem.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders